About Us Contributors Episodes Swag News Forum Gallery Wiki Book of the Month Freking Sweer

Friday, May 06, 2005

Episode 19

Holy Rockettes Batman! It's another episode of CGS.

Episode 19 on MP3

Show Notes

guest starrring Jamie and Shane

Stump the Audience Round #1 has been answered! Congratulations to the winner. Listen to this episode to hear the questions for Round #2

Listener Emails from Dustin Gallup who leads us into a discussion on good starting points for recent DC and Marvel comics

Los Comic Geekos Podcast Crossover The gang listens in on Omar and his friends as they list their Worst Comics Ever (reference CGS Episode #12 for our own list)

Stump the Rios audio hosted by listener Tom Martinek in Calif., Peter has his third defeat answering 0 out of 3

Discussion Vince from Washington DC asks us to talk about the Ultimates leading us into a discussion on Bryan Hitch's artwork, Mark Millar's writing and the concept of "widescreen" comics.

Websites mentioned: www.doubledarethemovie.com

6 Comments:

  • Has anyone gotten the trivia yet?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 AM  

  • As a matter of fact - in this very episode (#19) we do announce the winner of the very first Stump the Audience as well as kicking off the second round of questions. Check it out. And if you are the winner of round #1, send us your snail mail so we can ship those books out to you.

    By Blogger Peter, at 3:14 AM  

  • Hey Peter,
    Sorry if the Hamster question was too out hard (I was afraid of that). I promise my next set of questions will stick to Marvel and DC!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

  • No apologies necessary Tom. I pride myself on being a trivia buff so those were all valid questions. It's that old saying: "I know it all, I just can't remember it all at once." Or whatever. Haha. The real shame is me not knowing that Ross Andru drew the Superman/Spider-Man crossover when I just read an article about DC/Marvel crossover's just recently. For shame.

    Keep 'em coming.

    By Blogger Peter, at 12:36 PM  

  • Ok, great! I'll dive back into my
    pile and see what I can come up with.

    Hey, did I win something for stumping you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 PM  

  • You sure did. Email us your snail mail address so we can send you your prizes.

    By Blogger Peter, at 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Contact Us    Sponsor an Episode    Links    RSS

© 2005 Comic Geek Speak