About Us Contributors Episodes Swag News Forum Gallery Wiki Book of the Month Freking Sweer

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Episode 16

Ok fanboys, this one's for you. On today's show we introduce the fairer sex. Let the games begin.

Episode 16 on MP3

Show Notes

Special Guest Star Tasha, Bryan's wife!

Getting to Know Us: Bryan and his wife, Tasha talk about the comics she has read, what attracts her to comics (a medium written mostly for males), their encounter with spewing teens at a Wizard World Philly comicshow and more.

Stump the Rios: hosted by listener Christopher Vaccaro, Peter once again gets 3 out of 3

Stump the Audience: A new "Reverse Stump the Rios" contest begins where Peter asks the listeners 3 questions with 3 free comics as a prize!

Shipping this Week: for comics shipping on April 27

Websites mentioned: www.plasq.com/comiclife

3 Comments:

  • Great show you guys. Just out of curiosity, why do none of you ever talk about The Ultimates? Besides Daredevil, it's easily the best title being published right now. I've been reading comics for the better part of two decades, and I've never read anything quite like it.

    Interested in hearing your take on The Ultimates; keep up the good work guys.

    » Vince from Washington DC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 PM  

  • We love the Ultimates! In fact I just picked up the hardcover edition of the first series. I'm waiting for the hardcover version of the second series which is why I haven't been picking up the current issues. We will gladly discuss the Ultimates in our next recording.

    Glad you enjoy the show, please keep listening.

    Bry

    By Blogger Geek Bry, at 6:54 PM  

  • Kind of similar to Bryan here. I read the first 6 issues of Ultimates vol.1 but once it started to hit a snag in scheduling, I decided to stop reading the single issues and instead picked up the HC. I'm also waiting for volume two's HC.

    Guess this means I have to actually READ the HC by next Podcast hmm? haha.

    I can say this about the issues I read: I feel that the Ultimates is the zenith of the "widescreen" comicbooks. What started with Morrison's JLA (in terms of scope of storytelling) and Authority (with Hitch's widescreen art approach and Ellis' quick-cut writing), Ultimates is clearly the "perfection" of that style. The only problem with that is twofold: If Millar and Hitch ever leave Ultimates, will it (CAN it) continue. Also, with it being the "zenith" in my opinion of that style of comics, where is the next NEW approach going to come from?

    Just my .04 cents.

    Peter

    By Blogger Peter, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Contact Us    Sponsor an Episode    Links    RSS

© 2005 Comic Geek Speak