About Us Contributors Episodes Swag News Forum Gallery Wiki Book of the Month Freking Sweer

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Episode 34

Look out girly man, we have another kick-ass episode for you.
Episode 34 on MP3


Show Notes

Starring: Bryan, Jamie, Matt, Shane and Peter

Top 5 Bryan asks us for our top 5 mini-series.

Wizard's Top 100 Trades Bryan leads a discussion on why he has some issues with Wizard's list. #5 Ultimate Spider-Man above #6 Batman Year One? Walt Simonson's Thor at #47? #67 Daredevil Man Without Fear lower than #60 Infinity Gauntlet?

Stump the Rios from Durango, Colorado, Peter gets 2 of 3

Important Comic Dates for month of July

4 Comments:

  • Hey guys,

    I don't mean to be a complete uber-geek here, but what the heck. I need to make one correction.

    Though the style of Havok/Wolverine Meltdown has a painted appearance that bears a resemblence to Sienkiewicz, it is actually two painters: Jon J. Muth and Kent Williams.

    You had a few artists wrong when you were listing your favorite minis, but I really wanted to point this one out because what they did in the art was really quite extraordinary. One of the artists painted all of the Havok stuff, and the other all the Wolverine. If you go back and look at the whole series there are really interesting differences in style to how the characters are approached.

    Love the show!

    mk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 PM  

  • I have these issues. I'll have to get them out and peruse the artwork again. I remember enjoying it when I originally got them.

    By Blogger Geek Bry, at 9:07 AM  

  • I'm only a 30-something but I wear my geek hat proudly. All of my theatre friends know I'm a comic loving fan. And it just makes me smile that all these people are being introduced to the world of comics by all the comic-related movies. I just smile and say - Now you know what I love!

    Look forward to more comments/emails.

    By Blogger Peter, at 2:07 AM  

  • Maxim Glory Said:
    Are there any other 40 something, married with kids geeks out there?

    Yup! 49, with 3 boys, ages 24, 22, and almost 17. Only the oldest reads comics though... Where did I go wrong?! (Just kidding!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Contact Us    Sponsor an Episode    Links    RSS

© 2005 Comic Geek Speak