About Us Contributors Episodes Swag News Forum Gallery Wiki Book of the Month Freking Sweer

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Episode 23

Stop watching A-Team reruns and listen to our new show.

Episode 23 on MP3


Show Notes

Guest Starring Jamie and Alex Simotas

Getting to Know Us new comic geek Alex fills us in on how he first got into reading comics

Stump the Rios audio hosted for the second time by Tom/Mr. Fusion

Listener Emails Shout out to Bruce R. for the animated Mister Marvelous drawing which leads Bryan into a Dutchy fit

Geek of the Day #2 Jamie on DC Countdown to Infinite Crisis (with spoilers!!!)

Websites Mentioned: www.comicspodcasts.com, www.christopherreeve.com

4 Comments:

  • Hey Guys,

    The podcast feed seems to be linking to episode 22 instead of 23. Just thought you'd like to know!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • Thanks Bruce. I have updated the RSS feed and everything should be ok now.

    Bry

    By Blogger Geek Bry, at 7:56 AM  

  • Gosh Bryan! Your Dutchy accent is much better than mine I fear. I've told all my non PA friends to listen to this podcast if they want to hear what the characters sound like. Now I just need to explain what scrapple is, nau wunst.

    As to your character drawing, sure, it can be next! Of course I'm notoriously slow, but hang in there...

    My mantra - one panel a day = one page a week = 52 pages a year. Sounds so easy, doesn't it?

    Also I might mention that there are 8 or 9 mini comics linked to my name here, that folks can read for free. I'm actually even inking the 6th issue of Apprentice Legion which has been sitting on my drawing table for over 15 years...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 PM  

  • I agree wholeheartedly on the Countdown to Infinite Crisis issue... I REALLY dislike Identity Crisis, and Countdown continues to follow in it's footsteps. DECADES have been invested in building the heroic capital in those heroes, and it was spent in seven short issues (eight, I guess, counting Countdown). That story could be told, but NOT with these characters. These characters are the penultimate HEROES, and should not be brought down to our level. There are already comics using that as the plot. We really shouldn't see the icons cut down at the knees.

    I was a huge fan of the Giffen era of the Justice League, and to see it torn down that way was crushing. As good as it is, the storyline in JLA Classified really just twists the knife a bit more... "this is what we're killing".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Contact Us    Sponsor an Episode    Links    RSS

© 2005 Comic Geek Speak