About Us Contributors Episodes Swag News Forum Gallery Wiki Book of the Month Freking Sweer

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Episode 66



He came to everyone's attention drawing Amazing Spider-man. He moved on to be a founding member of Image Comics. Now he's publisher and the guy in charge of Image. He's Erik Larsen. Just recently he wrote an open letter to the comics industry challenging creators to be just that, creative. In a jovial interview with the man behind Savage Dragon, Comic Geek Speak learns his history and his explanation of the controversial letter. Join us, and find out where he's really coming from.

Episode 66 on MP3

2 Comments:

  • On the topic of singles in bookstores, I just wanted to add this. I recently went into our new Borders in my town. I was blown away. A spinner rack of singles, and not just TPBs and GNs, but fantastic TPBs and GNs. Will Eisner, Craig Thompson, Strangers In Paradise, Y, The Last Man all with more than one volume, and at least that first time everything had Volume 1. available.

    However upon my returning a third time, that spinner rack... I cringe thinking about it. Rows of comics pulled down until they were bent in half... somebody had just gone through and essentially ruined several comics.

    I am not picky about my news stand copies, but I would be surprised to have found three that I would have paid for. So, it was no surprise that my next visit, the rack was gone. It is always sad to see what as institution for kids of the 80s and 90s like myself lose that great entrance into the world of comics.

    By Blogger Justin, at 5:36 PM  

  • I'm amazed at how much Erik Larsen sounds like "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski.

    By Blogger Dan, at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Contact Us    Sponsor an Episode    Links    RSS

© 2005 Comic Geek Speak