About Us Contributors Episodes Swag News Forum Gallery Wiki Book of the Month Freking Sweer

Friday, May 27, 2005

Giant-Sized Episode 25

Get ready to waste your day. Our Giant-Sized 25th Anniversary Special Episode clocks in at over 2 hours!
Episode 25 Part A on MP3
Episode 25 Part B on MP3


Show Notes:

Special Anniversary Episode guest starring Jamie, Shane & Scott

Getting to Know Us Learn all about our newest Comic Geek member, Scott Powers

Listener Emails Matt Nastos of www.niftycomics.com sends a press release for the DVD film Bite Me Fanboy

Geek of the Day #3 Bruce Rosenberger talks about a chance meeting with Mark Hammill before the release of the original Star Wars movie

Comic Podcast Crossover #2 with Los Comic Geekos, discussing the best superhero movies

Stump the Rios Peter redeems his recent poor showing with 2.5 of 3

Top 5 Most Influential Creators in the Comic Industry

Websites mentioned: www.dcuguide.com, www.marvunapp.com, www.whatsyoursuperpower.com

4 Comments:

  • Hey guys,

    Another great podcast. I was able to listen to it while I caught up on paperwork at the office today. I'll probably listen again on my normal commute into NJ next week.

    I loved the crossover with the Comic Geekos guys and I hope that you do it again. I felt kind of bad for the fellow that thought that his english wasn't good enough. Three of my employees are from Central and South America and they often mention that they don't feel comfortable with their english. I've tried to explain that they sound fine, but they're still uncomfortable with it... Heck, they know one more language than I do!

    Yes, I still have the Chaykin Star Wars poster. I'll take a pic of it when I get home and send it to you (if it's where I think it is!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:58 PM  

  • I for one look forward to seeing the poster...I love stories like that...


    Jamie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 PM  

  • Ticoman,

    I can't believe we all forgot about Flash Gordon. Especially since we played half the soundtrack a few episodes ago.

    Thanks for bring that to our attention ese.

    Bry

    By Blogger Geek Bry, at 11:42 AM  

  • I have to agree with ticoman about The Shadow and The Phantom. I WANTED to like The Shadow. I love the old radio show and I loved the begining of the film, but that's about it. The Phantom (which barely registers a blip on my memory) also didn't make much of an impression on me. I seem to remember that the damsel in distress never needed the hero's help and she kept saving herself. (Unless I'm thinking of a different movie).

    I was also glad to hear at least Peter mentioned The Hulk. Say what you want about it, but if you start the movie when he first begins to change in the lab - it moves along really well. As for the stuff at the end with the giant jelly fish, well, NOBODY understood that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Contact Us    Sponsor an Episode    Links    RSS

© 2005 Comic Geek Speak