About Us Contributors Episodes Swag News Forum Gallery Wiki Book of the Month Freking Sweer

Monday, September 05, 2005

Episode 53

Now with more comicy goodness.

Episode 53 on MP3


Show Notes

Starring: Bryan, Jon, Kevin, Shane, Jamie, Peter

Special All Listener Emails Episode Round III

Contest News The August Anime/Manga has been extended and a NEW contest is announced for September. Listen in to hear how you could win a year/six issue subscription to either Alter Ego or Back Issue! magazine from TwoMorrows Publishing!

Baltimore Comic-con We're going! Are you? Check out our forum to keep up on the details.

Listener Emails Characters and the creators most associated with them; Valiant/Defiant/Broadway/Acclaim; Shoutouts to Fabian Nicieza; and the Speakers of Geek get schooled on our lack of chemistry knowledge.

Stump the Rios All Watchmen-themed by Barry McGlashen, Peter gets 3 out of 3

Geek of the Day from Brian Cooksie

Websites Mentioned: www.retroforwardradio.com, noeticon.blogspot.com, http://twomorrows.com

2 Comments:

  • Great show as always, you guys. As one of the "two" respondants to your August (now September) contest, I can understand why you want to extend the deadline for more submissions, but I'm wondering a couple things:

    1) If September ends and it's still just me and the other person, will you scrap the contest or set us to work? (ie. were we that God-awful? :) )

    2) Was quality an issue with the submissions you got? If so, would it be worth my while to work up another submission? I certainly don't want to flood you guys with submissions any more than you want to be flooded with them.

    3) Any pointers on how I might make a possible re-submission better?

    I'd e-mail this to you but by your own admission you guys are WAYYY backlogged on email so you might not see it in time. I realize this isn't exactly winning an Eisner or anything, but I think I can be a solid contributor for you guys and I'd love to do it. So let me know what I have to do, short of calling in hitmen or letting the air out of competitor's tires...

    Torchsong/Al

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

  • God bless, Matthew Park! We chemists have to stick together. It makes me feel so good to know that I wasn't the only frustrated by the improper use of the term "catalytic" in your fiftieth episode. I wanted to travel through time so badly and whisper in someone's ear what "catalytic" really meant. You came so close correcting your use when someone mentioned "catalytic converter," but nothing came of that.

    Still loving the show.

    Greg

    By Blogger Greg, at 12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Contact Us    Sponsor an Episode    Links    RSS

© 2005 Comic Geek Speak